So, in view of the last post here is what I did manage to miss out on at home:
Yes, I missed out on 3 Idiots and Avatar.
OK, there was no way I was missing out anything food related, was I? I gobbled lots of it. Should last me for a long time – till I go home again, that is.
Couldn’t get to Mahavirji – the train was delayed by more than 6 hours thanks to the legendary Delhi fog. Andaman, however was everything that I had imagined it to be and a lot more. Paradise on earth.
Yeah, I enjoyed lots of senseless TV, managed to catch cricket on TV (why did India have to lose that damned final to Sri Lanka?).
I enjoyed every day of my stay at home. There is no other place like it …
Only 6 days left and then I am in the most beautiful place on this earth – Dehradun, which also happens to be where home is. A big YAY for the semester break. Now, since I am going home after nearly a year there are a lot of things that I must do at home. So here is my todo list – things I simply must do when I get home.
- Rocket Singh
- 3 Idiots
- Dosa, Sambhar, Idli, Utthapam
- KC Momo
- Dulara Chowmein
- Lots of “Haldiram’s Chilli Chatak Lachha”
- LAYS MAGIC MASALA – at least one packet a day, if not more
- Bhindi – proper Bhindi
- Gajar Ka Halwa
- Kaju ki Barfi
- Mathri with Aachar
- Roti – you only get that at home
- Aloo Ke Paranthe – daily for breakfast with Hing Ka Aachar
- Poha – when not having Aloo ke Paranthe for breakfast
- And any and everything that mom make
- Finally watch cricket matches on TV (maybe even DD with classic Hindi commentary)
- Catch snatches of useless Indian TV serials
- Browse through all the useless movie channels which keep showing the same movies for 5 years
- Learn about senseless news such as suspected aliens stealing cows or such on the great circus of Indian news channels
- Tune in to channels which only show trailers of new and upcoming Bollywood movies for 24 hours
- The great Dehradun winter – sunny, fog free and a pleasant 20C
- Being at home
Oh, and maybe also studies for my exams in January!